You want to visit Bangkok but not sure about what you should do or need some inspiration? HotelThailand.com will make your decision easier with 6 reasons you should put Bangkok in your vacation plan. Let's find out!
Beautiful Temples and Palaces
This is one of the main reasons for many travellers to come to Bangkok. The city is known for beautiful temples and palaces, which has unique architecture and remarkable decoration. It said that you haven't reach the Bangkok unless you have a stop at the Grand Palace and the Temple of Emerald Buddha where you will find building and pagodas lavishly adorned with gold and exotic material. Not so far is the Temple of Dawn where you can have a panorama view of Chao Phraya River. This is yet to include popular attractions like Wat Pho, The Giant Swing, and Wat Benchamabophit (the Marble Temple), which offer an awesome photo opportunity.
Cheap and Delicious Food is Everywhere
Bangkok is the right place if you love to try local eateries and unique taste. Here, you will find at least one food stalls on every street corner, selling various kinds of freshly made food and sweet round the clock.
Make sure to visit to Yao Warat area where is Mecca for food lovers from all over the world. Many good food stalls or shops can be found in small alleys along the main street. Victory monument is also one of the biggest venue street food. There are many shopping centers, food stalls and restaurants for you to try. Make sure to order a blow of "Kuy Tiew Rua" which is very popular among locals.
Just the place for Shopping Lovers
Looking for a place for shopping? Bangkok has all the things for you. There many shopping places scattered around the city from down to earth open aired market to high-end shopping plaza. MBK Center is a great place to start. Here you will find cheap luggage, bag, and souvenir for friends. Jatuchak Market and Train Night Market (Talad Rot Fai) are the most popular shopping venues with thousands of shops selling so much choice and variety of goods at a bargainable price. If you are looking for newest or special priced brand names' collections, take a visit to Central World, Central Chitlom, Siam Paragon and Em Quartier, which will all make you enjoy throughout the day.
Current Hot Deals
- Get a BIG SAVE for your Thailand Trip with exclusive deal for PayPal user. Enjoy warm and sunny year's end holiday with 20% OFF the best price when pay with PayPal.
- If you dream for a vacation in Thailand surrounded by amazing landscape, unspoiled beaches, and choices of activities, Krabi is undoubtedly the place to go. From the land full of illusive limestone karsts to the pristine island.
- HotelThailand now offer special hotel offers in Phuket, Thailand top beach destination on the Coast of Andaman Sea.
- Your trip to Hat Yai will be SAVER THAN EVER with special hotel deals in the shopping paradise of Southern Thailand. This year, get MORE with special additional 5% on top OFF for selection of accommodations in town!
- Fulfill your dream trip to Thailand with exclusive deals for Citi Malaysia Credit Cards Holders. Get up to 65% OFF from leading hotels and resorts throughout Thailand and SAVE MORE with up to 10% on top discount + Complimentary
- Find and book hotel in Pattaya with up to 60% discount and get updates on Pattaya newest travel attraction and useful information for your trip to this popular seaside destination. The deal lasts from now through September 2016 only at HotelThailand.com
- Get up to 70% discount for hotel in Hua Hin, Thailand popular seaside weekend retreat. Find special hotel deals, stay and enjoy your day in Hua Hin.
Authentic and Lively Floating Markets
To add some authentic touch for your Bangkok trip, we recommend visiting various floating market around the city. This is the place where you can experience old way of Thai community where Mae Kha (merchants) rowing small wooden boats full of goods and stuffs to trade and sell. We recommend you a visit to Damnoen Saduak, Amphawa Floating, Talin Chan, Khlong Lat Mayom or Bang Nam Pheung Floating Market. Make sure you try fresh fruit, which is rather cheap, and a signature dish "boat noodle".
Great for Hangout at Night
After the sunset, Bangkok will not let you go to bed so early, as it offers plenty of nice places to hangout through the night. You can have some nice dining treat in a restaurant by the river or a river cruise to enjoy with foods and view, pampering yourself with choices of delicious international and Thai eateries at eating venues around the city, hit a nice bar with friends at Khao San Rd. Or if you want a wild night, make sure to check out Soi Cowboy on Sukhumvit Rd. and Patphong Area of Silom Rd.
Easily to be Reached from All Around the World
If you are in major cities around the world, Bangkok is not far from 1 flight away. It is one of the main transportation hubs of the area, so you will never find any hardship to get to and from Bangkok.
There are 2 airports in Bangkok. If you arrived with low cost airline, most of them will land in Don Mueang, and other full-flagged carriers will landed in Suvarnabhumi Airport. The two airports have convenience ways to city center, although Suvarnabhumi has city link train which makes it easier to get to the downtown.
Photo from: Sahachat Saneha, Puwanai, Joyfull, ShutterStock.com, amazingthaifood.tourismthailand.org
Recommend Hotel in Bangkok